We are not religious couple so we decided to have only civil ceremony.
Russian modern civil wedding in St.Petersburg.
Typical scenario. Our wedding was more or less a free version of this scenario ;)
Before the wedding
0. Two people find each other on the Earth and fall in love.
1. One month before the ceremony or earlier the couple comes to registration office and provide a receipt (200 RUR = 7 USD), passports and application form.
2. Girls party and boys party is organised by both parties. It is not very strong tradition.
1. Bridegroom is coming to bride's parents house to take the bride from there.
2. From early in the morning the bride is getting ready for the ceremony - make-up, dress, etc. Normally couple of girlfriends are invited to help.
3. Parents, brides, friends go the civil office for the ceremony. In our case it was Central Palace of Wedding Registration.
4. Ceremony normally takes around 20 min. An official tells the couple all kinds of nice words about family, love, trust and so on. Bride and bridegroom sign the official paper. Afterwards two witnesses (normally friends) sign the document. Than bride and bridegroom exchange rings and kiss.
5. Traditional trip around St.Petersburg: Vasil Island, Monument to Peter the Great, Palace square. The itinerary can be slightly different.